I cannot recall the last time I rewarded myself. No, not even last Mother's day.I think I am at my worst. I'm still a little lost. There's still this emptiness in my heart since Mama passed away. I can't help myself move on. I have mentioned before in my other blog that I'm already picking up the pieces of the broken me...I haven't started yet, that's how it seems to me. Or I may have picked up some pieces but can't completely grab and sort them. I miss my mom...and I miss me. This photo triggered the sentiments, I guess. I saw this yesterday as I sort and categorized the albums in my archive.
My daughter's make me laugh, they are my life. They are obviously the reason why I'd like to be "whole" again. I'd life to be a better Mom. When people ask me how I'm doing, I always answer "I'm okay!". I myself sometimes can't accept my OKAY because I would like to be at my best. How? That's the biggest question.
Since I am very much aware of this negative feeling in me, there's also this urge of wanting to shrug that off. I thought of finding ways how. I remember to have read from somewhere before that there are several ways to make yourself happy... or maybe at least smile. Definitely, I am not the best person to enumerate some gifts we can give ourselves but I'd like to share.
Here are just a few gifts:
- Time - something very important but a lot have just a few and some, none. It's good to be rewarded with an activity just for ourselves. The ME time as most of us call it. Can also be used to reinvent. Try something you haven't done, eat, or tried before.
- Energy - Find time to exercise those muscles a bit, even just those facial muscles. Eat smaller plus take healthy snacks like a piece of fruit daily.
- Laughter - Remember the belief that "laughter is the best medicine". I guess that goes to all types of sickness. Laughing with a friend is even better, calls via Skype and YM are free.
- Music - Sing your heart out! Humming, whistling or blurting out the lyrics or what ever it is you are to say in a song is another way to shift your mood to fun.
- Kindness - As soon as you open your eyes in the morning, smile! Greet house members with a smile, compliment even a stranger. Never forget those Thank Yous and you're welcomes as well. Perhaps, you can pay someone a visit or donate to charitable institutions.