Powered by Blogger.

Gifts To Myself, From Myself

I cannot recall the last time I rewarded myself. No, not even last Mother's day.
I think I am at my worst. I'm still a little lost. There's still this emptiness in my heart since Mama passed away. I can't help myself move on. I have mentioned before in my other blog that I'm already picking up the pieces of the broken me...I haven't started yet, that's how it seems to me. Or I may have picked up some pieces but can't completely grab and sort them. I miss my mom...and I miss me. This photo triggered the sentiments, I guess. I saw this yesterday as I sort and categorized the albums in my archive.

My daughter's make me laugh, they are my life. They are obviously the reason why I'd like to be "whole" again. I'd life to be a better Mom. When people ask me how I'm doing, I always answer "I'm okay!". I myself sometimes can't accept my OKAY because I would like to be at my best. How? That's the biggest question.

Since I am very much aware of this negative feeling in me, there's also this urge of wanting to shrug that off. I thought of finding ways how. I remember to have read from somewhere before that there are several ways to make yourself happy... or maybe at least smile. Definitely, I am not the best person to enumerate some gifts we can give ourselves but I'd like to share.


Here are just a few gifts:
  • Time - something very important but a lot have just a few and some, none. It's good to be rewarded with an activity just for ourselves. The ME time as most of us call it. Can also be used to reinvent. Try something you haven't done, eat, or tried before.
  • Energy - Find time to exercise those muscles a bit, even just those facial muscles. Eat smaller plus take healthy snacks like a piece of fruit daily.
  • Laughter - Remember the belief that "laughter is the best medicine". I guess that goes to all types of sickness. Laughing with a friend is even better, calls via Skype and YM are free.
  • Music - Sing your heart out! Humming, whistling or blurting out the lyrics or what ever it is you are to say in a song is another way to shift your mood to fun.
  • Kindness - As soon as you open your eyes in the morning, smile! Greet house members with a smile, compliment even a stranger. Never forget those Thank Yous and you're welcomes as well. Perhaps, you can pay someone a visit or donate to charitable institutions.
These are just simple tips that I myself needs to follow. So, who wants to go out and accompany me? I'd like to try and get a new haircut, watch a movie and laugh!

Photobucket



8 comments:

rjs mama May 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

this too shall pass sis. when you wake up in the morning, smile. when you feel sad, depressed, battle it with a big smile. eventhough you feel down, a smile will somehow decrease the sadness in your heart. i've tried it, i'm sure it will work out for you

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ May 11, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

I think TIME is the most important gift you could ever give to everyone, even to yourself. :)

Hopping by thru The Bloggers Exchange

anne May 12, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

I can be a company, hehehe I need a to have a hair done as well.
Mary Anne’s Musings

chubskulit May 12, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

Cheer up pretty lady. I am with you with your sadness. Papa passed away 8 years ago but it still hurts but I definitely moved on.. Just make your kids an inspiration, smile and be proud that your Mom brought you up a better person.

Mona May 13, 2011 at 1:58 AM  

Yah cheer up girl .. My father naman passed away 3 years ago though i'm missing him a lot but life goes on. Anyway, just have more bonding moment with your kiddos :)

peachkins May 14, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

Happy Pink Fridays!

Arlene May 16, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

Love the smile!

Those gifts are really important gifts we can give to ourselves and to have that we must have time. Kaya time.

Belated happy mom's day.

Visiting late but hope you can drop by my pink bag. :)

cherry@secondhandphilosophy May 19, 2011 at 8:56 AM  

get out of the gloom, mommy. there's nothing in it=)

visiting via PF:
http://www.secondhandphilosophy.com/2011/05/pink-cameo/

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP