Powered by Blogger.

Our Holy Week


Since hubby works in a BPO industry, they still have work even during the Holy Week. So, I was left with the kids the whole of the Lenten season. We were able to participate in the Palm Sunday mass. I had them watch Joseph: King of Dreams. We joined the procession last Good Friday. It was their first time and I was glad that we brought Roey's stroller that time. We woke up before 5am last Easter Sunday to join what we Filipinos call the "Salubong".

I regret that I wasn't able to bring my camera during the Easter Sunday early dawn procession. As a parent, I'd like my kids to realize in the early part of their lives that HE suffered for each one of us. So, by simply getting up very early to join the procession, going to church and through praying, we are already giving HIM "thank yous". My elder daughter can understand it already and I thank my Mom for helping me out on that.

We normally go out and join Easter egg-hunting at the malls for the past few years but skipped that activity this year. I wasn't feeling well since Saturday after a minor home clean up. I'll just upload photos of my bunny princesses next time. Anyhow, I had them enjoy making bubbles instead.

How about you, how was your Holy Week?

MellowYellowMondayBadge



19 comments:

KitK April 25, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

mabuti pa kayo nakapag salubong...I miss the salubong in Quiapo.

Happy MYM sis.

Anonymous April 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM  

looks like u all had a good time.. Nice

Vinni April 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

Nice pics, Kids seems to have enjoyed a lot along with some learning which is always good.

Kim, USA April 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

Our celebration and observance of Holy week there in Pinas is different here in the US. I missed the Friday procession, the station of the cross around the city, yung marinig ko yung kantahan "pasyon" sa neighbor, tapos yung pagpunta sa simbahan palagi, and also yung bigayan nang biko or binignit ^_^ Thanks sa pics parang andoon na rin ako hehe. Happy Monday!

MYM

Animor April 25, 2011 at 9:10 PM  

Agree me sayo Kim, kkmiss ung ganung celebration, great photos nkkhomesick hehe..thanks sa visit and comment po.

tx sweetie April 25, 2011 at 11:27 PM  

nice to hear what you did during the Holy week. as for us here, we just went to church on Easter and did egg hunting afterwards.

my MYM is up, please check it out here Easter Egg Hunting

Babiesaandcontests April 26, 2011 at 1:43 AM  

looks like a very busy week for you. Thanks for visiting me.



Please spare some time to comment on my post

Join our Green Monday Meme
Green Monday Meme
Join My BabyBond Giveaway
Prosperity's Desire Baby Bond Giveaway

arcee April 26, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

it was my daughter's 1st visita iglesia experience and will try to do it every year with her now. visiting thru TBE and now a follower, too. pls follow me back. thanks:)

Unknown April 26, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

Lovely blog and I agree with you on the importance of teaching our children about Jesus and practicing our faith.

Sorry I could not post your comment. I do not post comments with links. Urls are all right.

Thanks and God bless!

January Zelene April 26, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

buti pa kayo at nakapag gunita ng semana santa.. kami hindi eh.. :(

Visiting from Mellow Yellow Monday
Hope You can visit my Yellows at the ff:
Grips Toys
Wild Sunflower 2
On Nathan’s Birthday

Chubskulit Rose April 26, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

I miss our tradition holy week, iba kasi dito

Please come and see my yellow, have a great week!!

Fex April 26, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

nice pictures sis...

tnx for ur visit

Cookie April 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

Happy Easter! Nice pictures sis!

http://www.zoeandchloe.info/costume-party/

Hootin Anni April 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

Nice collages. I hope your week was a good one for you and your family and friends.

Here's my link: My Ruby Tuesday Do stop by if you get a chance.

vernz April 26, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

HI Stef, nice photos dear... we all got sick so we stayed on the house the whole week...

was here for RT. hope you can visit back.

Shengkay April 26, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

hi mommy stef!
Late visiting from MYM! :) Stay happy!
My MYM
*****************
Shengkay’s Journal
Shengkay Random Nest

Irish April 27, 2011 at 1:26 AM  

galing talaga ng mare ko magsulat ako eh basta may maisali lang sa meme hehehe

SquirrelQueen April 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM  

Great photos, your girls are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comments.

Dhemz May 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM  

wow ang galing naman...miss ko na talaga ang holy week sa pinas.

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP