Powered by Blogger.

MaMa Day

I have been mentioning about my Mama's special day last May 6 in my previous posts and so I made sure that we visit her at the cemetery. We were there past 9am which is late already. The sun was up and shining bright. I scold myself for forgetting the umbrella.
We brought flowers, small candles and Mama's framed photo too.

I decided to lit up just 2 small candles 'coz we can't keep ourselves under the sun that long. Check out the cut out Keanna made, they're suppose to be paper flowers but she agreed to place the candles on it instead.

We offered our prayers, greeted her and left a piece of Japanese cake. Again, we replaced the "cake" with something much affordable and we can just leave at the cemetery.

I regret that I "somehow" allowed the kids sleep past their bedtime the night before and ended up "late" with our visit. I was even planning to be there by 6am so we can stay a little longer and the kids can also play. I could have enjoyed jogging too!

Since I've kept myself busy in finishing an AVP for a friend's mom, I didn't have much time to go out to buy food. I then though of mixing up spices and condiments to come up with a sweet & spicy marinade. There are few pieces of chicken wings inside the fridge so this is what I came up with.


It's my very own crunchy sweet & spicy chili wings. I had it coated with mixed bread crumbs and ready-to-use chicken breading.


Hubby said it isn't that spicy that's why this little fellow enjoyed it too! She managed to finish that piece she's holding. I miss Mama's own version of fried chicken, her spicy "Bicolano" recipes and how she's supported me in experimenting. It is my dream to have a beautiful & spacious kitchen. I would love to see red, yellow and greens in it and I hope it's soon.

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow moms! Here's a quote to remind us how we make a difference no matter who, where and what our status are.

" A MOM is like a calculator. She's someone who ADDS comfort, SUBTRACTS pain & fear, DIVIDES blessings and MULTIPLIES joy. "

Cheers to us all!

This is my share to this week's Mellow Yellow Monday and Weekend Eating. Click on the badges for more sumptuous and beautiful entries.

MellowYellowMondayBadge



15 comments:

Gemma Wiseman May 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

O what a lovely post! Beautifully dedicated to your Mum!

imriz May 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM  

such sweet apo. her lola must be proud.

http://www.diyandmore.com
http://www.clarizzatomacruz.com

Lainy May 9, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

Nicely written Stef. Happy Mom's day to you and your Mom.

Thanks for the visit at my other blog www.dfoolonthehill.com

May you have a terrific week ahead!

Hugs,
LAINY

Jenn May 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

Crunchy sweet and chili wings... tell me how you cooked it, please!

Happy Mother's Day, and thanks for linking to Weekend Eating.

tx sweetie May 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

so nice of you, you did not forget to visit your momma in her grave. that is what supposed Mother's Day is all about not forgetting our mothers even if they no longer with us on Earth.

please take a peek at my MYM entry at San Antonio Botanical Gardens

Dianne May 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM  

very sweet and touching photos

Jemina S May 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

Don't worry, don't be too hard on yourself. Just be rest assured that you will always have your mom's memory in your heart. I'm sure she's so proud of you.

Mirage May 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM  

She does look she's enjoying it! Look at those eager eyes!

Anonymous May 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

Very nice to meet you through Mellow Yellow Monday. You have a beautiful family and I know your Mom would be very proud of you all.

Kim, USA May 10, 2011 at 12:51 AM  

Nice of you to visit your mom, I am not. But I offer a special prayer for her. ^_^

Tulips

mommy jes May 10, 2011 at 3:04 AM  

Happy MOMS day sis! :)

Heather S-G May 10, 2011 at 6:38 AM  

What a beautiful ritual!! I love the sound of your wings :D

maiylah May 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM  

awww, am so sure she appreciates all you've done for her! :)

thanks for visiting my WE post!
enjoy the rest of the week! :)

Chubskulit Rose May 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

Very loving!

Mind dropping by at my mellow yellow post? Have a nice week ahead.

RNSANE May 11, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

Stef, this was a very lovely Mother's Day post and commerative to your mother. I think your visit to her was vey special and it is nice to do it with your child so that she knows how much your mother meant to you and she will feel close to her grandmother.

My mother had a stroke over a year ago and is in extended care faciity in Georgia. She doesn't know who she is nor does she know my brother or me. It is so sad.

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP