Powered by Blogger.

MM & PF: Preggy Tales

Since May is very special to all Mothers, Mommy Moments' themes for the whole month will evolve about us. I am again late in posting since it's Saturday already but as we all know, better late than never,right? So the first topic is about our preggy tales and I have a story to tell. LoL!

Keanna came as an unexpected surprise and Haley is a 2 years in the making baby. I can't find my preggy-of-Keanna photo so I'll just share these instead.

Photo above was taken April of 2009. We took part in the Easter Madonna & Child Fashion show held at Manila Ocean Park. I was 2 months preggo with Roey at that time. I didn't have issues at the early part of my pregnancy with her but had difficulty when I grew bigger.


My tummy grew big and low that it gave me difficulty walking. People who sees me thinks that I'm already on my 9th month of pregnancy even if it was just the 7th. I had to file for a leave of absence twice because traveling from Quezon City to Makati City was tough. I was still working at Convergys at that time and luckily scheduled 5am to 2pm. I was so happy that as soon as I get off from work, the malls are still open and there were plenty of food stalls available for the picky eater me. I craved for Fuji apples, Zagu's Buko Pandan in Baby Z servings and buttered corn kernels from SM Hypermart. I gave birth to Haley Roneese on the same date stated in my UTZ, maxed out the 40 weeks of pregnancy! She weighed 6.2 lbs while Keanna was just 5.5 lbs. The pregnancy and labor with Roey was definitely hard as compared to Keanna. I had to cure UTI twice, vomited several times, felt hip and joint pains, had about 8 hrs of labor, suffered pain with all the IEs done and found out that I have a heart shaped uterus.

As opposed to all the physical pain I had with Roey, I can say that my pregnancy with Keanna wasn't hard even if it was my first. I vomited just once though the issues I had that time was heartburn & minor UTI. I guess my present OB Gyne was right that the burning pain was brought about by the high level of urinary track infection. I'm not sure if the infection is something brought by eating salty French Fries, fried potatoes and sweet Halo Halo which I craved for. I also liked bananas, siomai and Yakult. I know I was to give birth that 23rd of July (2002) when I was awaken as early as 3am with a different kind of pain plus "the show". My Mom said that we should already go to the hospital but I refused since I still would like to wait for the real labor pain and watch "Alicia" which is a telenovela of ABS CBN. I took a bath and dressed up passed 12:30nn, informed hubby about our trip to the hospital (haha!) and gave birth few minutes after 2pm. I only have to give few pushes to my tiny Ate Keanna. I remember to having been so cool while all the nurses were panicking. It's really nice to have MAMA around that time.


All the pain paid off, I'm blessed with 2 lovely and adorable daughters! It was all worth it and I love them both to pieces! And before I forget, I'd like to greet my MAMA a happy birthday (May 06) and happy mother's day too! For more Pink Friday & Mommy Moments entries, just click the badges below. Have fun and happy mother's day to all of us! Cheers!

mommy moments



23 comments:

Shengkay May 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

wow naman!..ay ako no issue nung nagbubuntis..hindi ako maselan..

not done yet with my MM entry, Mas late ako sayo..hehehe..but my pink is up already thru my baby Blofg Iris joehanna. May badge na rin si anakis mo mommy stef baka you want to grab..

Shengkay May 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

hahaha..intindihin mo na lang pinasasabi ko sa taas..may hang over pa ata ako..

Unknown May 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

I like your preggy story .. like you I didn't have much of a problem when I was pregnant and giving birth to my daughter ... I wonder if it'll be hard the next time I have a baby!?

Happy mother's day!

Here’s my Preggytale

cherrylej May 8, 2011 at 3:02 AM  

same here, heartburn has been my problem when i was pregnant last year, thought i would collapse then. i fainted once and had 3 spotting on my first trimester but thanks God my baby then was safe. Btw thanks for taking time visiting my site, i'm following you back. have a great day and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :)

mixed catcher May 8, 2011 at 3:40 AM  

i love this entry! Ang gaganda nung mga captures!

It's my first time joining PF and I have PINKS' hop at the Korean Memorial War Park entry. Hope to see you!

genefaith May 8, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

pretty mama and babies...specially yong fashion show nyong mag-ina...so cute!

Spanish Pinay May 8, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

I had the same problem on my 7th month - It was sooo hard to walk and lifting my legs to say, put on my pants or undies gives me excruciating pain! I had to go to the emergency ones as we kind of got worried about where the pain is coming from. it turned out to be nothing but some tissues or ligaments around the pubic area that's being stretched too much due to the heavy weight of my tummy. And of course, all these pain that we have to go through are worth it of the end-product ;-) and no doubt we'll go through all of them all over again.

Thanks for dropping by my site. I am now a follower too to give back the love ;-)

Happpy mother's day!


http://spanishpinaynanay.blogspot.com

anne May 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

That was good that your shift is so friendly for a preggy mom like you, yay mine was 10 pm to 8 am wahhh thanks for the comment

Pinx May 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

cheers to motherhood! our kids are blessings from up above! we all do have the same pains and aches... late visit for MM! thanks too for visiting mine! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Mel_Cole May 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

When I read your post that you had a problem with your pregnancy when you got bigger and at the 7th month, I am quite relieved that I am not alone. I am also 7 months pregnant with my second baby now, gained a lot of weight and my tummy is low. I got puffy feet. Hard to walk. Looking forward for my second labor though. Nice meeting you in MM. Come and see my Mommy moments here. Happy Mother's day!

Karlota May 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

great fotos!

burn May 8, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

I had also difficulty in walking during my 7th months.. Nice story.. Please read also my .
MM Preggy Tale


Slogged Over Leisure
Mapeh Org
Babycoy

MoM from Manila May 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

cuteness seems to run in your family..
happy MM and happy mother's day.

hope you can drop by My Preggy Tales

peachkins May 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

wow ang taray! nag-fashion show pa kayo ng daughter mo!

Chris May 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

happy mother's day! :D

thanks for sharing your story ha!

by the way, hope you can leave a comment on my post Memorable Moment it is for a contest i joined in! :D

Tetcha May 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

The joys of motherhood indeed outweigh the pains and hardships. Happy Mother's Day! Here's my MM entry: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/05/mommy-moments-preggy-tales.html

Cheerful May 9, 2011 at 3:23 AM  

i enjoyed reading your preggy story and yes, our dear mama's always great help...in my both babies, i had no hard time during the pregnancy, don't even have morning sickness, thanks God but the labor pain on my eldest was unexplainable, hehehe, but process of healing with second child was hard since i gave birth via caesarian section. at the end, i am just so grateful to have them! happy mother's day!

janakidiary May 9, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

oh I envy you, Keanna came out after only a few push. Same here, heartburn was the only thing that bothered me during pregnancy :)

kimmyschemy May 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

same here, my tummy grows SO big when i'm pregnant that it looks like i swallowed a basketball and i walk very awkwardly..

a visit from Kimmy!

Mirage May 10, 2011 at 2:36 AM  

I remember that fashion show! gandang buntis o

jeng May 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

I can't help but smile when I read the part about the telenovela. You still look beautiful even if you are pregnant. : ) Thanks for the MM visit!

redamethyst May 11, 2011 at 7:55 AM  

I really like the story about keanna, ang bilis mo lang syang nailabas ha. though medyo mahirap pagbubuntis mo pero pagnakita na un baby lahat ng un nawawala na. congrats for your wonderful children.

cherry@secondhandphilosophy May 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM  

i had difficulty with my second child but the first one was a breeze=) i think it comes with age.

visiting via PF:
http://www.secondhandphilosophy.com/2011/05/pink-fridays-asymmetrical-pink-top/

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP