Powered by Blogger.

MM: Mother's Day 2011

This year's Mother's day was very simple. It's quite sad too because it's my first time without a Mom to greet, hug, kiss and thank for. We were at the cemetery last May 6th for it was my Mama's birthday. I offered mass that same day for her and my Dad too. I still can remember that I started receiving gifts from my Mom every Mother's day since I became a mother too. It was so nice of her.

My kids gave me super hugs and kisses that day. I had them enjoy the water outside too. I cooked a simple Carbonara recipe for us, and bought soda which thrilled both my kids. That's basically how simple it was. It became extra special because my daughter Keanna made a Nido greeting card for me using her own Facebook account. I received an email about an approved entry and as to when it will be shown in two major digital billboards.

SM City North EDSA, Annex building
April 28, 2011 - April 30, 2011

Boni Avenue, EDSA
May 12, 2011 - May 14, 2011

Wondering what it says in the card? A very simple message saying: "Thank you for taking care of us. We love you so much!"

mommy moments





16 comments:

Tess @ A Natural Mama May 20, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

How sweet naman of your daughter. Happy Mother's Day to you, Mommy! It's one celebration that we celebrate everyday. Such a blessing! Thanks for commenting in my MM post, btw. :)

mrapada May 20, 2011 at 6:03 PM  

Happy MM!

How sweet naman at bonggacious pa ha, bill boards sa EDSA!

I know how you feel about your mom, actually mommy ko naman mejo morbid, she bought hersefl her own grave and chose her own style of casket, i guess it's her way of telling us that her life is now complete. We miss her, we don't talk about it, but it's surely sad.

Thanks for the visit and comment!

MaiThreeBoyz May 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

Wow, ang galing naman ni Keanna. Instant exposure hahaha. I'm sure your mom is might proud of her and will always be watching over you and the two girls.

Thanks for dropping by again, Stef. Happy MM!

forgetmenot May 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

That is very exciting that your daughter's card will be shown on a digital billboard--congratulations. Makes you a very proud Mama, I'm sure. I'm so sorry your Mother was not with you this Mother's Day--it is so hard to lose one of the most, if not the most important person in your life. Have a lovely weekend. Mickie :)

Chubskulit Rose May 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM  

Wow bongga ka sis hehehe.. Lovely pic too!

Laikka May 21, 2011 at 6:16 AM  

wow..thats great..hehe, billboard ganda:)

mine is up Stef:) have agreat weekend!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ May 21, 2011 at 6:19 AM  

wow naman! Model material pala ang daughter mo, so sweet pa ng message nya.

Thanks for visiting my MommyMoments Entry

Mrs. M May 21, 2011 at 6:46 AM  

Wow! Loved the card, and what a joy to see it on those billboards.

The message on the card is simple yet it speaks a lot of what basically mom is in a child's life.

Blessings!

Dhemz May 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM  

oh my! how sweet....really really sweet....bonggacious ito!

Unknown May 21, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

wow bongga sis best ever MD gift talaga yan exposure of our kids

mine is up


http://dickvincedorry.blogspot.com/2011/05/memorable-moment-of-my-life-as-mama.html

kimmyschemy May 22, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

wow! that really is a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

MY ENTRY is up!

Witchy Crazy Mommy May 23, 2011 at 12:25 AM  

Your daughter is really sweet, kakakilig and she seems really smart too;-)

Tetcha May 23, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

When our kids appreciate what we do for them, it makes everything worth it. Belated Happy Mother's Day!

ladymishel May 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM  

belated happy mother's day, I miss my mom too...

cheerful May 25, 2011 at 3:08 PM  

belated happy mother's day and it was great what keanna did...such a sweetie! visiting late from MM and wishing you a great week!

Chris May 26, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

sad to know that your mom has passed away already.. and yes, this reminds me to be thankful for my mom everyday. :)

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP